ASAP Fire Systems continues to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation nationally, and the safety of our
employees, customers and suppliers are paramount.
The FIA (Fire Industry Association) has been in discussions with the Home Office regarding this situation. Therefore, Fire Security Service Providers are essential to keep businesses safe and compliant throughout Coronavirus (COVID-19).
ASAP Fire Systems would like to reassure our customers thatwe are following current Government Guidelines and continuing to service essential fire safety systems where it is safe to do so.
The Responsible Person(s) in any business must ensure that their duties are met; including the organising of regular equipment and systems servicing.
With buildings being temporarily closed or running on lower than normal staffing levels, there is an opportunity to arrange for the servicing and maintenance of Dry/Wet Risers, Sprinkler Systems, Fire Pumps, Fire Hydrants, Fire Hose reels and Kitchen fire suppression.
Customers who are unable to, or due to the situation, unwilling to meet their annual servicing requirements, must
ensure additional safety measures are put in place by the Responsible Person to make sure those remaining on-site,
and the building itself, are protected from the threat of fire.
It is also advisable to inform their insurers and make detailed notes of the cancelled servicing visit in their fire log documents.
In order to ensure compliance and adherence with current Government Guidelines and or Local Restrictions, we have
processes to continue servicing customer sites:
- Engineers and technical staff are able to provide support via phone call if it is unsuitable for them to be on a customer site
- Service Coordinators are calling ahead to ensure any site works are carried out with the minimum need to come into contact with anyone else
- Our 24 hour 365 days a year emergency call out service is continuing to provide reassurance that customers can still reach a fire safety Engineer.
- ASAP Fire Systems are asking care home facilities and customers who have at-risk residents to defer scheduled works in order to protect vulnerable people. If this isn’t possible, we have provided all service Engineers with
the full personal protective equipment (PPE) or to be provided with such by site should our own be deemed
not suitable. We will also require an in depth COVID-19 risk assessment to be carried out by each site prior to us attending.
- ASAP Fire Systems reserves the right not to enter specific sites should we be made aware of any active
COVID-19 case, or increased risk during this time. This isso we can protect our other customers, as well as our staff.
ASAP Fire Systems strongly advise that all customers adhere to current legislation and in line with the relevant
British Standards and where required continue to test their systems weekly.
Due to the probability of faults being noticed or system problems it’s best to carry out these tests midweek and
not on a Friday or weekend.
ASAP Fire Systems pride ourselves in our customer support and continue to offer this vital service throughout this
evolving situation. By continuing our essential work for customers, we are proud to offer Fire Protection to life and property across the country.